Car wash vs. auto detailing? Although both processes involve cleaning your vehicle, the aims and outcomes of each are very different. Here we take a look at the similarities and differences between auto detailing and a car wash, as well as give pointers on how frequently each should form a part of your car’s maintenance.
What Does a Car Wash Entail?
This typically involves a pre-wash, a wash with a suitable cleaning product, then a rinse, dry, and some form of finish, such as car wax application. Interiors will sometimes be vacuumed, as well as extras to complement your interior or exterior clean (such as window cleaning, upholstery cleaning, or hard surface cleaning).
Note that the emphasis is solely on surface cleaning when you opt for a car wash.
What Does Professional Detailing Entail?
From paint correction to ongoing car maintenance, professional detailing involves in-depth cleaning, as well as a range of preventative and remedial treatments that are designed to increase the longevity, appearance, and performance of your vehicle.
Services offered at Shammy’s Auto Detailing in Pickering include:
- The use of high-grade, premium products.
- Removal of ground-in dirt and contaminants from paintwork that isn’t removed during a standard car wash.
- The application of high-grade paint sealant, reducing the risk of pollutants and dirt damaging your newly cleaned paintwork.
- Cutting-edge ceramic products instead of car wax. These provide protection and greatly improve the appearance of your exterior paintwork, but can’t be washed off like car wax.
- Dent repair.
- Anti-bacterial treatments.
- Specialist cleaning and the application of protective aftercare products on interior upholstery. Leather upholstery in particular benefits from specialist cleaning.
- Headlight restoration and protection.
- Engine cleaning and protection.
The car detailing you receive from Shammy’s Auto Detailing not only significantly improves the look of your vehicle, but also provides long-lasting protection.
How Often Should I Get My Car Detailed?
As indicated above, car detailing includes the application of products that prolong the lifespan of your paintwork, lights, tires, and other automotive parts. The protection provided by these hi-tech products lasts several months. For this reason, a car detail is recommended every four to six months.
In comparison, a car wash, that removes dirt, grime, and contaminants, is recommended once a week or so, to prevent surface build-up.
Shammy’s auto detailing shop in Pickering, Ontario, provides premium car detailing services that are suitable for any vehicle.
Do your car a favour and book an appointment at Shammy’s for a deep detailing that delivers stunning results.